In honor of my 3 year anniversary of writing for Wanderlust & Lipstick, we are celebrating by hosting an open photography contest during the month of May! Send us your best travel-related shot, and you could be the winner of a PacSafe camera bag valued at $110!
How it works:
- Submit ONE travel-related photo to wanderlustandlipstick (at) gmail (dot) com (no nudity, please!)
- Put “photo contest” in the subject line
- Be sure to include your name, a title, and location where the photo was taken
- Try to keep the photo sized at 480×360
- Photos will be added to this post in order of receipt
- People will vote, via a comment, for what they consider to be the best image (Tell your friends to vote for your photo!)
- Deadline to enter: May 27th 11:59pm Pacific Time
- Winner with the most votes will be notified no later than June 3, 2010, and must respond within 3 days in order to receive prize. Only US or Canadian citizens may win due to shipping restrictions.
Like something you see? Want to support a friend?
- Leave a comment below voting for your favorite photo
- Be sure to leave the Number and Title of the image so there’s no question as to which one has your thumbs up
- One vote allowed per person and you must leave your email address so that we can deter multiple votes. Email addresses will not be shared.
- Deadline to vote: May 31st, 11:59pm Pacific Time
Here’s some info on the PacSafe bag:
CamSafe 200 is a Camera Shoulder Bag that can be customized to fit a digital SLR camera, several lenses and a flash. Interior includes specially designed pockets for smaller items such as cords, batteries and SD cards. Features tamperproof zippers, snatchproof strap with built-in combination lock, slashproof panels and a slashproof shoulder strap. Never worry about your gear getting ripped off again! Great for travelers wanting comfort and safety. Value is $110!
Adventure on, and get shooting!
#1 “Moon Rise on Manitowish” by Molly Dietlin,
taken August 2009 in Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin.
#2 “Walking the streets of Vancouver” by Melanie Calcut,
taken March 2010 in Vancouver, Washington.
#3 “Almost Paradise” by Victoria Schilke,
taken in Playa Mujeres, Mexico.
#4 “Smiling Lady” by Lisa Chavis (What Boundaries? Live Your Dream!),
taken at the Bangkok Floating Market, Thailand.
#5 “New Beginning” by Hans Ravnaas,
taken in Old Town Stockholm, Sweden.
#6 “Hochburg Frames” by Roy P. Boland,
taken in April 2010 in Germany.
#7 “Ship of the Desert” by Meg O’Brien,
taken in July 2009 in Mombasa, Kenya.
#8 “Graffiti Climbing Wall” by Jackie Boucher,
taken at the San Diego Children’s Museum.
#9 “Daily Reflections” by Norah Langweiler,
taken in Venice, Italy.
#10 “Desert Guides” by Lauren Van Mullem,
taken in Rajasthan, India.
#11 “Om mani padme hum” by Beth Shepherd,
taken at the Ganden Monastery, Tibet.
#12 “Finding a camel in a desert, is like…” by Karsten McNulty,
taken in Morocco, 2006.
#13 “Be at peace in my arms!” by Neha Badheka,
taken on the Charles Bridge in Prague, June 2007.
#14 “Blue Skies and the London Eye” by Shannon McDonough,
taken in London, 2005.
#15 “Lizard House” by Denise Renaghan Collie,
taken at The National Zoo in Washington DC, May 2009.
#16 “Onwards to Turk” by David Cassidy,
taken at White Strand, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
#17 “Renvyle” by Michelle Duffy,
taken in Connemara, Ireland.
#18 “Steak tartare” by Mark Besso,
taken alongside the harbor in Nice, France.