The National Park Service turns 100 years old in 2016 and they are celebrating by offering free admission to their national parks for 16 days. The fee waiver includes entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included in this offer.
Mark your calendar and get ready for adventure on the following dates in 2016:
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 16 through 24: National Park Week
- August 25 through 28: National Park Service’s Birthday
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
Why not spend some time in nature in the New Year? With it being FREE, you’ve got no excuse not to visit.
See you out there! (Mount Rainier National Park in the state of Washington is my park of choice, in case you were wondering!)