Last Spring I traveled with UnCruise Adventures through Canada’s Inside Passage up to Southeast Alaska. The whole journey from Seattle to Juneau took 12 days, each of which had their own surprises.
While most people book travel to Alaska in summer, I highly recommend visiting Alaska in Spring because:
- You’ll have more chances for sun and dry days
- Bears are waking up from hibernation and coming down to the shoreline to eat
- It’s less crowded in ports, which allows for a more authentic port town experience
- You’ll enjoy a quieter, more peaceful time
- Things are awakening in nature with vibrant colors all around
- The airfare and cruise fare costs less
- It’s very scenic with snow still on the mountain peaks
- Waterfalls are everywhere due to the Spring run-off of snow
- You’ll get a better chance at seeing the Northern Lights in spring vs. summer
Check out some of these photos from the trip, and you can see for yourself what an incredible adventure it was!
If you are thinking about visiting Alaska, UnCruise is offering The “Alaska Awakening” discount for passengers booking any April or May 2018 departure between September 21 through December 15, 2017. Travelers will save $400 per cabin or $200 per person (single occupancy), and the offer is combinable with UnCruise’s Loyalty, Referral, and Family Discovery savings programs, making adventures to Alaska more affordable for families, couples, and solo travelers. When booking, follow this link and simply enter the code: AWAKE18PR
Many thanks to the folks at UnCruise Adventures for making this trip possible.
#alaskaawakening #exploremore #adventuregram #roamtheplanet #thisisadventure