Last Spring I traveled with UnCruise Adventures through Canada’s Inside Passage up to Southeast Alaska. The whole journey from Seattle to Juneau took 12 days, each of which had their own surprises.
While most people book travel to Alaska in summer, I highly recommend visiting Alaska in Spring because:
- You’ll have more chances for sun and dry days
- Bears are waking up from hibernation and coming down to the shoreline to eat
- It’s less crowded in ports, which allows for a more authentic port town experience
- You’ll enjoy a quieter, more peaceful time
- Things are awakening in nature with vibrant colors all around
- The airfare and cruise fare costs less
- It’s very scenic with snow still on the mountain peaks
- Waterfalls are everywhere due to the Spring run-off of snow
- You’ll get a better chance at seeing the Northern Lights in spring vs. summer
Check out some of these photos from the trip, and you can see for yourself what an incredible adventure it was!
Many thanks to the folks at UnCruise Adventures for making this trip possible.
#alaskaawakening #exploremore #adventuregram #roamtheplanet #thisisadventure #kayaking #alaska #springtravel
One thought on “Alaska Spring Awakening – Photo Essay”
I lived in Alaska for over 2 decades. I think winter time is a great time to visit especially where I lived in Teller and Ambler. The Northern Lights are something to see.